1. You need to download and install Microsoft Application Verifier x64 Link and MSXML 6 SP1 and SP2 Link Link (These two are probably already installed)
2. Insert or mount the Office 2010 DVD, cancel the setup.
3. Open Application Verifier, click on File->Add Application select and open the office setup.exe from the DVD.
4. On the right "Tests" pane unselect "Basics", select "HighVersionLie" from the "Compatibility" list, nothing else is needed.
5. Right click on "HighVersionLie" and select Properties
6. Set the following lines:
- Major Version: 5
- Minor Version: 1
- Build Number: 2600
- Service Pack Major: 3
7. OK the Properties window, then click Save.
8. Install and activate Office like you did on XP x86, Vista or 7.